Tonight, I’m sharing with you my best tips to stay healthy during the Fall & Winter months! It’s been chilly here in New York and at times the weather is very temperamental.
I’ve been feeling under the weather lately, today I felt achy, exhausted, and sick. So I’m here to share how I stay healthy and beat a cold.
1. Echinacea. This herb is found in capsules and in tea that will aid in helping your immune system. I tend to take 2-4 capsules a day and 2 bags of tea a day. This herbal supplement is one of my go-to when I’m starting to feel under the weather.
2. Hot tea. I make several cups a day of Echinacea tea, Lemon Ginger tea, and Green tea. This helps to keep you warm and to flush your body out.
3. Lots of warm water. Staying hydrated is key and vital during the time that you’re starting to feel sick and when you are sick. This will help flush all toxins out of your body. Drinking cold water shocks your body, whereas warm water (even with a splash of organic ACV) will be a gentle energizer to your body.
4. Stay warm. Layer up and keep your house/apartment warm. Staying warm will also aid in your body fighting off that cold.
5. Get lots of rest. Honor your body. Make sure you’re not over exerting yourself and go to bed early. Limit your electronic use and spend some extra time reading
6. No caffeine, soda, or alcohol. Drinking these drinks will also hinder your body’s immune system in fighting off the cold/infection.
7. Limit your sugar intake. Sugar feeds infection and disease. Cut out unhealthy sugars and carbs during this time. Increase your intake of greens, veggies, and fruits.
8. Spend time in prayer. God does deliver. Ask and you shall receive. spend time reading the Bible, journaling, and praying. We’ll be sharing more over on the website with our new design and vibes!
9. Gentle stretching. Not only do we focus on gentle and low impact workouts, but during this time is when really highly encourage gentle yoga and stretching to keep your body moving.